DescriptionInsect parasitoids are a promising alternative of pesticides in the biological control approach. However, as immature parasitoid develops on or within a pest, mass production is technically complex and hardly affordable to compete with traditional pesticide strategies. Artificial rearing media are being developed with limited success.
Our solution : a capsule made of :
- an inner semi-solid particule including e.g. feeding media and volatile components
- an intercalary film (10 to 50nm) made of polystyrene and beeswax
- an outer thin chitosan-based membrane (90 to 130nm)
- Feeding/breeding of arthropods, including insects, arachnids and parasitoids, especially with small perforating apparatus
- Other applications by encapsulating therapeutic, nutritive or cosmetic compounds
- Controlled release of volatile active ingredients